Sunday, January 20, 2013

Choc Peanut Biscuits (Grain Free)

Lately I have been dabbling in new year, clean eating, detox diets and have come across the paleo diet. A Paleolithic diet consists mainly of fish, grass-fed pasture raised meats, vegetables, fruit, fungi, roots, and nuts, and excludes grains, legumes, dairy products, potatoes, refined salt, refined sugar, and processed oil. I haven't been basing
my recipes around meat as I am a vegetarian, but i have been finding grain free deserts, treats and bread and rice/pasta alternatives. There is a whole new world of eating out there, and there is no reason why we should be eating processed food. Since I have been on my food journey I can really tell when a particular food doesn't agree with me. For example, if I have sugar I instantly get an ear ache and my vision becomes blurry, if I have dairy I have pain in my abdomen and if I have oats or dried fruits I get sleepy. So in saying that I try to avoid these foods where possible. Its amazing the affects food can have on you when you strip it all back.
So here is a grain free lunchbox treats. Sugar free, grain free, dairy free and by leaving out the organic peanut butter they could also be nut free.
Enjoy.

\



Ingredients:
  • 230g Arrowroot Flour
  • 4 tbsp Honey
  • 1-2 tbsp Molasses
  • 110g Coconut Oil
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • 2 heaped tbsp Cocoa Powder
  • 1 heaped tbsp Organic Peanut Butter
  • 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
What To Do:
  • In a saucepan combine honey, molasses, peanut butter and coconut oil. Heat over low heat until simmering and well combined stiring often. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients, stir until well combined. Roll into small balls and and place on oven trays lined with baking paper. Press down slightly on each ball to the desired biscuit size and place in a moderate oven for 10-12 min or until slightly browned and set. Allow to cool on tray before transfering to a storage container or jar.

1 comment:

  1. Goddess, Can I just put more honey or maple syrup if I don't have or want molasses??

    ReplyDelete