Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Healthy Chocolate Brownie

As i am a big chocolate fan, raw dark chocolate is my absolute favourite, I had this recipe in mind. But since eliminating sugar from our diet my body doesn't really tolerate sugar well, and i have the highest of sugar highs if i have a lot of it. So the thought of a sugar laced, buttery chocolate brownie slice just doesn't do it for me anymore, but the craving for chocolate deliciousness still remains. So here goes... A healthy chocolate brownie that is sugar free, dairy free and super delicious leaving you feeling satisfied. minus a sugar high.




Ingredients:
  • 1 Heaped Cup Pitted Dates
  • 3/4 Cup Coconut Cream
  • 4 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1/3 Cup Brown Rice Flour
  • 1/2 Cup Desiccated Coconut
  • 1/2 Cup wholegrain Rolled Oats
  • 1/2 Cup Walnuts
  • 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup

What To Do:
  • Combine dates and coconut cream in a saucepan bring to boil and simmer for 5 min. Add cocoa powder and process with food processor or stick blender until thick and smooth allow to cool slightly. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined. Place in a lined square slice tin and bake in a moderate oven for 15-18min. The brownie should be set on top when lightly pressed. Cool on a wire rack.  

4 comments:

  1. Im also a massive chocolate fan, but Id love a healthier option, so I am definitely going to give this a go. Looks sooooo yum! Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey they are delicious let me know how you go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bec :)
    If I leave out the walnuts, do I need to change the recipe in any way?
    Shan xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shan, its perfectly fine if you leave out the walnuts. I was just trying to make it traditional by adding them in. How did it go?? looking forward to hearing what you think of my recipes.

      Delete